One of the problems that people encounter when they reach a certain age is their lack of strength to do the exercises that they used to do. Being a senior does not mean that you are not going to exercise anymore. If you used to do Pythagorean Health, you do not have to stop whatever you are doing. You can just make changes in order to improve your current exercise plan.
There are a lot of seniors who may become weaker and may die because of falling or losing their balance while doing usual things every day. Seniors who make the effort to exercise lessen their risk of getting injured a great deal. What exercises should the elderly people do to improve their health? Take note that for a lot of seniors, a little bit of exercise is better than not doing any exercise at all.
- Start embarking on aerobic exercises – You want to do exercises that will be effective in improving your heart rate and your breathing. The healthier your heart is, the better you will begin to feel. There are times when you do not have to do the aerobic exercises at the gym, you can do brisk walking in the morning. You can also choose to look for dancing classes that you will allow you to dance well. There are also some seniors who can try undergoing swimming classes.
- There are also some strength exercises that you can do. There are some seniors who can lift some light weights in order to improve their overall body strength. For those who cannot lift weight anymore, resistance bands can also be used with the assistance of professional trainers.
- Balance exercises will also be good – When was the last time that seniors have done balance exercises? These exercises can help people keep their balance when they are doing various things so they will not fall.
These are a few sample exercises that seniors can do:
- Back Leg Raises – This is a type of strength training exercise that is meant to improve the lower portion of your back.
- Balancing Wand – This is a type of balance exercise that can be done by seniors even when they are sitting down. The senior would need to have the right cane in order to start balancing well.
- Toe Lifts – This is another type of exercise that focuses on improving the overall balance of seniors. This would require the use of a chair in order to do properly.
- Shoulder Rolls – This is a type of exercise that even other people can do but seniors will be able to achieve this easily. This can be done when they are sitting down or even when standing up. The shoulders should be rotated upwards and downwards. A few reps of this can be done every day.
- Single Limb Stance – This balance exercise requires the use of chair. The senior would need to hold to the back of chair and one foot will be lifted up while the other food would balance.
There are so many exercises that can be done by seniors. Seniors have to be familiar with the various exercises they can do to be sure.