Seniors deserve high quality care but their family members are not aware of the things they should do to ensure that the elderly people are in perfect health. If you are caring for a senior, you should not only be concerned about the person’s health. You also need to make sure that the senior looks and feels good.
Both men and women are concerned about their hair and appearance. Men start to panic the moment that they start losing their hair. Women are also alarmed when they start to experience hair fall. Seniors normally have shorter hair the moment that they grow older but maintaining the quality of their hair even if it is already white or gray in color, will still make a lot of difference with how the elderly feel.
The first thing to remember is to search for the right shampoo. There are so many shampoos available. Check out Klorane Oat Milk shampoo review. Aside from this shampoo, there are still many more that are formulated and designed in order to take care of mature hair. Look for something that is not too strong as it may cause the hair of seniors to become thinner.
These are some other things that will help seniors achieve healthy hair:
- They should start to eat a healthy diet. There are some seniors who just have unhealthy preferences when it comes to food. If seniors would like to maintain their healthy hair, they need to include more leafy vegetables, healthy protein and omega-3 fatty acids in their diets.
- There are also some hair vitamins that can be taken by seniors. Some hair vitamins can be pricked and placed directly into the scalp while others can take supplements that will provide the nutrients that the hair needs. Usually, seniors who take hair vitamins report having thicker and shinier hair after taking the right vitamins.
- Seniors should avoid styling their hair with heat. A lot of seniors especially women still know a lot of traditional ways to style their hair. They can do this but minus the hairspray so that they can style their hair, look amazing and avoid exposing their hair to heat. Heat can cause the hair to become thinner.
- Do not wash hair every day. There are some seniors who are very insistent about bathing every day but the hair cannot be washed every day. It is okay to allow natural oils to build up on the hair. It will keep the scalp moisturized and the hair can be healthier in general. The hair products that will be used should have volumizing properties in order to make the hair appear thicker.
- Choose the right hairstyle. There are some seniors who still cannot let go of their long hair but if you would be able to show the senior you care for some hairstyles that he or she might want, it may take a few years off his/her actual age.
Seniors would need the love and care that they have given when you were younger. It is about time that you return the favor.